Thread: Easiest Way from MKE to AirVenture?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Easiest Way from MKE to AirVenture?

I have flown commercial in and out of ATW my last few AirVentures, and taken the hourly shuttle to the show. Looks like it will be half the airfare to fly to/from MKE this year. Is there an easy way to get from MKE to Oshkosh, besides the once a day Lamers bus? Thanks.
    Last edited by A10snoopy; 06-26-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A10snoopy View Post
    I have flown commercial in and out of ATW my last few AirVentures, and taken the hourly shuttle to the show. Looks like it will be half the airfare to fly to/from MKE this year. Is there an easy way to get from MKE to Oshkosh, besides the once a day Lamers bus? Thanks.
    See if the crew can divert to ATW, then tell them you want off.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    See if the crew can divert to ATW, then tell them you want off.
    What a shame airlines don't operate 727s without Cooper vanes anymore....
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

A10snoopy,

I don't believe there really is any other form of public transport from MKE to Osh. Another option may be to rent a car, pick up in MKE, drop in Osh, if you don't want it for the week. Might be worth spending a little time negotiating with the MKE rental car office as they move a huge number of cars from all over the Midwest to Oshkosh in the weeks leading up to AV. You might be able to charm them into a price reduction as you are, essentially, doing them a favour by bringing a car to Oshkosh.....

Alternatively, depending on your departure point, have you checked out the ride share option? That way you get all the way here....

Greyhound shows another run besides the one Lamers. They have a Lamers bus at MKE at 10:35 connecting in Milwaukee to Greyhound and getting to Oshkosh at 1:55, and a Lamers bus at MKE AT 2:30 getting to Oshkosh at 4:40. Return trips show leaving Oshkosh at 11:30 arriving MKE at 1:45 and leaving Oshkosh at 5:15 arriving MKE at 9:20. I believe the bus stop in Oshkosh is at the airport FBO.
    That's for a weekday. Weekends may be different.
    Last edited by PaulDow; 06-27-2012 at 01:33 PM.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    There's at least one person offering a car ride from Milwaukee here:

http://www.airventure.org/rideshare/?search=milwaukee

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Another option might be http://www.goriteway.com/fleet-offer...rport-shuttle/ I use them quite often to get back and forth to the airport and live about 25 mins south of Oshkosh.