Thread: Scholler Length Limitations?

Scholler Length Limitations?

My wife and I are getting ready to head to Oshkosh. Normally, we camp under the wing, but this year, we are already on an extended trip with our fifth wheel, so we thought we would bring it to camp Scholler. However, I see in the published information that the sites are only 30 feet long. This is surprising, because we have walked around camp Scholler before and saw what appeared to be many rigs larger than 30 feet. Ours is 39 feet long, not including the tow vehicle. Can anyone tell me if there are provisions for larger rigs, or are we going to have to give Oshkosh a miss this year?

You should be fine. I have seen many rigs that size. THe size guidelines are just to keep the land barons in check.
    "Only one tent or camper and one vehicle per 20’ x 30’ site are allowed. Individual campsites are approximately 20' x 30' in size and are available for both vehicle and tent camping. Larger RVs will be accommodated at the standard daily camping rates."

I laughed out loud when I read "20 x 30"!! Seems most people stake out about a 1 acre plot for their RV, picnic table, multiple vehicles, golf cart, etc... This always irrates the heck out of me when I try to find a place at Camp Scholler. I wish someone would actually enforce the lot size.
    Mark

2003 RANS S-10
    2011 RANS S-6S
    Zenith Cruzer

www.aircraftstickers.com Very cool aircraft stickers. Vans, RANS, Kitfox...more!

I've heard that it can get a little out of hand. But there usually is a guy out there on a golf cart/gator checking while you're setting up to make sure things don't get out of hand. At least that's the way it's been with me. But I've only been going for about six years or so, and this is my third year bringing my own camper. Not sure how things have been in the past.
    Depending on which street you end up on, it can be about 40-45 feet from road to road, or about 65 feet from road to road. So it does affect whether you're 20x30 or 30x20 .

I know that my group is quite sensitive to the space rules, and I actually bring a 300-foot tape measure with me to make sure we stick within limits. I trust that most folks won't get too outlandish, but as always, there are some that take advantage. Also note that some have multiple members in their camping party sharing a camper, and everyone is entitled to a spot as long as it's paid for. Many pay extra for a little extra elbow room, especially if they have a larger rig, or if they host a type club event at their camp site like I do.

My group usually brings two 30-footers, and this year we'll likely have three. Should prove to be an interesting arrangement! But rest assured, we'll be within limits!

Best regards,
    Chris
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

I guess, if you paid for more than one spot, you could actually park crossways.

20 x 30?? My F350 is 24' long without a trailer. Or the hitch.