I post this with only a little of my tongue in cheek, in true Johnathon Swift style.Suppose FAA rejects the EAA AOPA proposal for the driver license medical? I say we do it anyway. What does FAA have to do with it? They only catch about one percent of the pilots who lie on their Medicals or fly without one.What about insurance, you ask? AOPA has an insurance company. EAA has some relationship with an insurance company. As long as a pilot complied with the training and restrictions proposed and AOPA and EAA developed the course and kept the records, how would that be different than FAA being involved?Enforcement, you say. And you're correct. But AOPA has a legal services plan. If their Lawyers would vigorously defend the first two or three cases, that might result in a positive result.This wouldn't be any different than when EAA was essentially granted authority over certain Part 103 ultrlight operations. Having said all this, I really hope FAA sees the light and allows this plan, but I was in college in the sixties, so my radical side emerges once in a while. Rich