Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long is a Condition Inspection (an annual) good for?

Quote Originally Posted by cdrmuetzel@juno.com View Post
    huh? that's not what you said in the second sentence:

"to operate in july, the inspection must have been performed within preceding 12 calendar months - jun, may, apr, mar, feb, jan, dec, nov, oct, sep, aug, jul, 12 calendar months. to operate in july, inspection must have been performed previous july or later. not starting the month AFTER the inspection is done.
    Yes, that's what I said, counting the months forward instead of backwards which is less confusing for some of my customers. For example, if the inspection is signed off July 15, 2012 not counting the month you are in (Jul 2012), simply count fwd 12 months and it will be July 2013. Good to the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by mdharfst View Post
    Everybody
    I signed off the inspection on my experimental last year on July 1, 2011.
    When is this required to be done again?
    By July 1, 2012 or by Aug 1, 2012?
    The wording of the statement about "12 months" always seemed ambiguous.
    Actually, it depends on how your aircraft's operating limitations are worded. (You do have a copy of the operating limitations onboard the aircraft right???) Most operating limitations will require a condition inspection within the preceding 12 calendar months. If this is the case in your operating limitations then your inspection will expire on 31 July 2012. But some operating limitations require a condition inspection within the preceding 12 months, omitting the word "calendar". If this is the case (rare, but it does happen) then your inspection expires on the date it was signed off, in this case July 1st.

It is imporatant (for many reasons) to read and be familiar with your specific set of operating limitations so you know what applies to your aircraft.
    Cheers!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by WacoJoe View Post
    Actually, it depends on how your aircraft's operating limitations are worded. (You do have a copy of the operating limitations onboard the aircraft right???) Most operating limitations will require a condition inspection within the preceding 12 calendar months. If this is the case in your operating limitations then your inspection will expire on 31 July 2012. But some operating limitations require a condition inspection within the preceding 12 months, omitting the word "calendar". If this is the case (rare, but it does happen) then your inspection expires on the date it was signed off, in this case July 1st.

It is imporatant (for many reasons) to read and be familiar with your specific set of operating limitations so you know what applies to your aircraft.
    Joe
    OK, I just looked and they say 12 calendar months. So I'm good to go. Interesting twist, I never heard that before.
    Thanks
    Mike