Steve, when I was invited to join the 365 forum and then this new one, I tried to bring some aviation topics that I have some knowledge and experience with. I mistakenly assumed that other people might have similar interests. In the non eaa forums world, there are many people interested in formation flying like the large flights into and at Oshkosh. There are clinics for many types of planes held all over the U S. Next year is the 75 anniversary of perhaps the greatest small trainer ever, Piper J3 Cub, and I'll bet there is a large flyin of that type. And judging from the number of visitors at the warbird part of EAA, that is popular also. Surveys by airshow promoters show it is the most popular to the civilan types to attendees.
The Duxford accident had alot of discussion on another site. And I attended two type meetings at EAA where formation flying was a major topic, and at one there were large blow ups and discussion of the midair. Some people were interested, just not you or on this site.
If fast point to point, and straight and level is your thing, then you'd be wasting your time to read my stuff. I do think that , for places they go, Southwest Airlines is going to do that cheaper, faster, and safer than private aviation. If the trip itself is not an goal, the airlines and corporate jets are faster.
I can see that for you , and others here, most of what I was writing about was a waste of my time.
I do have a few questions:
What is an EAB, is it an airbus? I am not up on all the lingo of the internet.
And why do you seem to think only L& O , Liason observation planes are sport aviation and other warbirds are not. To me sport aviation just means aviation for fun, not airlines or business jets or miltary or cargo. Our EAA magazine certainly considers warbirds and other fun stuff as part of it in SPORT AVIATION.
Now back to something fascinating like cell phones, on which I don't have any experitse to contribute.