Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh Traditions?

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    Any suggestions on how to get there if you don't have a car? Thanks.
    Google maps indicates that it is .9 miles from the street in front of Orion. You could ride the North Forty bus as far as it goes and then walk from there. I think the bus goes to just west of Basler. I just looked at last years map and it shows the north forty bus going all the way to the terminal. I think we will ride our bikes over there and try it out. Thanks for the heads up Bob!! Looks like fun.

Just let your neighbors know your intentions. One of them is bound to have transportation and would like to eat off the reservation.

I forgot to mention its under the base turn for 18 and just south of final for 27. A good burger, cold root beer in a frosted mug, view of the lake, airplanes flying overhead, and girls on roller skates. What more can you ask for on a summer evening?
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    Thanks, Steve. Actually, I meant how would you get to Ardy & Ed's, given that you're already at the show. It's over on the east side. Looks like a two mile walk from the terminal, wouldn't be too bad. Maybe I'll try that this year, just for fun.

Mike E
    Ooops. If you're so inclined, I could probably talk Kat into letting you ride with us over there either Thursday night or Friday in the late afternoon. We'll have our car and other than the usual running around and one pressing thing on my schedule, we're free the rest of the time especially of the evenings.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Thanks a lot Steve. I appreciate the offer. That's the kind of thing that results in Oshkosh traditions. Can't accept right now, however, since I really don't know how long I'll be staying at AirVenture. Have a great time.

Mike E
    Last edited by MEdwards; 06-26-2012 at 10:42 AM.

No worries. I know I'm not everyone's favorite person on here a lot of the time, but we are all aviation buffs and the offer of a ride, reasonable assistance, etc always stands.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Wink

SteveinIndy,
    I think your spot in the doghouse was just taken by the "license revoker" dude in the "Modest Proposal" thread over in Hangar Talk.

Hay, no doghouse here. I just really really don't know if I'm going to stay at Oshkosh beyond Wednesday. Depends on too many things this year. Hope all have a great time, even the license revoker.

Mike E

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    SteveinIndy,
    I think your spot in the doghouse was just taken by the "license revoker" dude in the "Modest Proposal" thread over in Hangar Talk.
    KSCessnaDriver's an OK guy. Cut him some slack. If we all agreed all the time, nothing would ever move forward.

Hope all have a great time, even the license revoker.
    All I want is for everyone to enjoy themselves and no one to crash going to or from this year. Everything else is superfluous.

A few of my favorite Oshkosh Traditions (I've been coming since the early 90s).

-Heading down to Aeroshell Square/ConocoPhilipps Plaza at dusk to grab some great photos
    -Watching all the unique and crazy contraptions in Camp Scholler
    -Listening to morning/evening arrivals and departures on ATC (never ceases to amaze me "cleared to land on the green dot....")
    -The night show (more recent, but definitely a tradition already) and the mass exodus down Schaick Ave when it's over
    -Listening to Danny Clisham call the afternoon airshow

I could go on....

Looking forward to #OSH12!

Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    all i want is for everyone to enjoy themselves and no one to crash going to or from this year. Everything else is superfluous.
    Spot on! Unequivocally agree 110%!!!!