Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to locate an odd fastener....

Trying to locate an odd fastener....

I need to find 88 of these little suckers:

It's a Hi-Torque coin-slot style screw. It's threaded 10-32 and is about .45" long.
    The head is the important part, the diameter is about .272-.273 according to my Harbor Fright caliper.

The head diameter is different enough that I can't use regular 100 degree flat head screws. The holes in the trim section I'm repairing was countersunk for this exact screw.

The replacement screw doesn't have to be a coin-slot screw, but it would be nice.

Any suggestions? Aircraft Spruce & Wicks do not seem to carry them.

Thanks all!

Gene.

I believe I've seen this size and type of head on titanium screws (phillips screw head). Might try Boeing - I'm sure someone up there will know where to get something close enough to use. Also look in AC 43-13-2B hardware chapter - perhaps you can use something similar to a huuck bolt, etc as a substitute. Good luck!
    -Joel Marketello

Er... What is AC 43-13-2B?

It may be titanium. The head has "2-5" stamped along the edge and there's another number I can't make out, even with a loupe.

The material it's holding down is about .040" and by eyeballing the shoulder of the screw in question, looks to be about that "high".

Thanks!

g.

AC stands for "Advisory Circular." Go to faa.gov and look up Advisory Circulars. AC 43-13-2B is over a dozen chapters of information on major repairs/modifications and it is a wealth of information, most of which can also be used as approved data in field approval mods, etc.
    -Joel Marketello

Quote Originally Posted by jam0552@msn.com View Post
    Also look in AC 43-13-2B hardware chapter -
    Minor correction, actually, it's 43.13-1B that has fastener hardware. -2B is about alterations.

Quote Originally Posted by f15sim View Post
    I need to find 88 of these little suckers:
    Any suggestions? Aircraft Spruce & Wicks do not seem to carry them.
    Is there anything to suggest these are aerospace fasteners?

Those are definitely aerospace fasteners. Gene, do the dimensions match up with any of these?

They look like the ones we use on our FA-2 Sea Harrier. Yep thet are aviation. I will try and get you a link to a supplier a little bit later.

Pete

I sent you a sampler pack yesterday with a grip gauge. Sorry for the tardy reply but I have been busy selling stuff.

email photos and links to Duane at Spencer Aircraft. They can find them. duane@spenceraircraft.com. You might be able to go to the online store as well. www.spenceraircraft.com