Thread: ADS-B compatibility i Fly 720

Question ADS-B compatibility i Fly 720

Hi, I recently purchased an iFly720 GPS due to the fact that it is now ADS-B compatible. Are any of you users of this? If so, what type of performance have you received from the Skyradar units by Radena.

Will an iFly720 really pick up traffic with any degree of reliability? Which is best for picking up WX?

I would really like to hear from actual users.

Rick

Don't know how appropriate it is to comment on your own thread, but I did get an e-mail from an ifly720 user that said that WX from the DS model is "looks fine" but calls traffic "lousy to no traffic visible".

Just thought I wold pass it along to any interested parties. I am leaning toward the D2 because the price dropped another $100 ($849) and I am hoping that traffic may also be improved on and that I won't need to upgrade the ADS-B skyradar D2 later on.
    Last edited by RickFE; 06-25-2012 at 11:35 AM.

I did get the skyradar radena S2 because they had a 4th of July $38 off. Initial test flight shows nexrad at 4 minutes old. Seems to work pretty good. I am taking it Osh so just in the off chance anyone cares, I will update so others will have something to go on.