Thread: What, no Blimp this year!!!!

What, no Blimp this year!!!!

I haven't heard or read any mention of the GoodYear Blimp being at Oshkosh this year. Is that true?

skeeter

I actually heard that the Goodyear Blimp will be back at Airventure.

EAA Staff
    You'll be hearing more about that very soon. Sometimes things take a little more time.

I don't know what the excitement is about. Team Goodyear has the worst aerobatic routine ever.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    I don't know what the excitement is about. Team Goodyear has the worst aerobatic routine ever.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

My favorite line in the announcement, "scheduled arrival of Wednesday, July 25 ". Notice that no time is mentioned, as it will take most of the day to make the low pass down the flight line. Just poking fun Goodyear, I love the blimp, and miss seeing it around Houston - Airship America used to be based here and we really enjoyed seeing it more often.

Looks like you can't buy a ride. I thought in the past you could buy tickets to ride on the blimp.

skeeter

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter_ca View Post
    Looks like you can't buy a ride. I thought in the past you could buy tickets to ride on the blimp.

skeeter
    I'm not sure that Goodyear has ever just sold tickets outright, though I use the term "ever" pretty loosely, given their long history. I know they've made a point on their website for quite some time that you can't buy a ride, that they're available by invitation only.

Last year, the Farmers Insurance-sponsored Zeppelin NT was here, and they were selling rides steadily all week.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation