Shamelessly "swiped" from another forum as I thought it may come in handy one day.... This occurred in Europe somewhere.

May I see your licence Mr. Examiner?

I've been flying for twenty years now and I thought I've seen it all. The other week I learnt that there is still a way to top it all:

I've got two students ready to take there checkride. The Aviation Authority designates a Flight Examiner, an appointment is made. The Examiner shows up in time but without any personal belongings (no logbook, no wallet). So I figured it might be a good idea to ask him a few questions about his flying experience on the Hughes 269 etc. and finally ask him to sign a statement that he had made 3 take-offs and landings on type within the last 90 days.

He refuses to sign, gets all mad and threatens to leave and to cancel the checkrides.
Now that really made me curious. So I tell him that by the way he behaves one has to assume that he doesn't even have a valid type rating which he neither acknowledges nor denies.
A couple of offences later he finally leaves.

So I call up the Aviation Authority to tell them the news that their Examiner wasn't able / willing to prove that he is current on type and ask for a new Examiner. About two hours later they call me back and confirm that the Examiner doesn't even hold a type rating on the Hughes269

Ladies and Gentlemen, make sure your Examiner is properly rated and current.