Thread: Virtual Oshkosh 2012 (FSX MS Flight Sim)

Happy Virtual Oshkosh 2012 (FSX MS Flight Sim)

Unable to fly into Oshkosh this year in Real Life. ?

If you own Microsoft Flight Simulator (FSX), now you can experience Virtual Oshkosh.

Fly the Ripon-Fiske arrival
    Listen to and talk to ATC.
    Fly in a Multi-Player environment, with other pilots around you, and interact with Human ATC,

For the 5th year, FSMP is hosting Virtual Oshkosh on the MS "FSX" Multiplayer Platform.

Practice week (this week) June 18 - 25
    Main Virtual Event July 20-30th.

see http://fs-mp.com/oshkosh for details.

Note: This is a MS Flight Simulator "Simulation".
    Any information obtained in this simulation, or on the FSMP website, should NOT be used for real world navigation, or as a substitute for real world flight training.
    Any ATC provided in this simulation, is provided by non-professional, FSX Sim players, and procedures may be simplified to accommodate the limitations of the simulator.
    Last edited by FS-MP; 06-19-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: reformat

The VATSIM online flight sim network also does an "event" every year as well. The numbers and "realism" (the realism is so accurate that the network has actually been used by the FAA's contractors to test flow rates and arrival modifications among other things) tends to be a lot great than what you see on the MS multiplayer servers.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

COOL. Now pilots have the option to choose, and select which simulation event best suits their needs.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Glad to hear that FS-MP is doing this again! We had a great, if slightly existential time participating in their Virtual Oshkosh at the the Microsoft booth in 2008. We had the distinction of "flying into Oshkosh...at Oshkosh."

The FS-MP folks do a really nice job with this event. If you participate, and decide to use their add-on scenery, keep an eye out for a guy driving in circles on a golf cart... he might just look a little familiar to those who know me.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by FS-MP View Post
    COOL. Now pilots have the option to choose, and select which simulation event best suits their needs.
    Exactly. That is why I mentioned the other option. I've done both and enjoyed both.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Glad to hear that FS-MP is doing this again! We had a great, if slightly existential time participating in their Virtual Oshkosh at the the Microsoft booth in 2008. We had the distinction of "flying into Oshkosh...at Oshkosh."

The FS-MP folks do a really nice job with this event. If you participate, and decide to use their add-on scenery, keep an eye out for a guy driving in circles on a golf cart... he might just look a little familiar to those who know me.
    Golf cart is still running
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FS-MP; 06-19-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Need an Updated Pic .. That was a very Young Hal !
    Last edited by FS-MP; 06-19-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Hal is very young (looking)!

Tho' I have to say, I think virtual Hal has silicon implanted pecs, or m'oobs or something weird going on ....
    Last edited by Janet Davidson; 06-19-2012 at 09:08 PM.