Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: $3.00 for a bottle of water! EAA should be ashamed.

Didn't they have free water, lemonade and popcorn? I saw free water stations with signs saying "please drink water" on them. I re-filled my Gatorade bottle several times with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian8apilot View Post
    It might just be me, but it sounds like you folks are pretty cheap! I drove 18hrs to come to Osh, and payed for a week in the UW, bus passes, etc etc ... Like many of you, and it sounds like after all that your bitching over a $3.00 bottle of water?? Really??? I guess if it's that bad there is annother option, Stay Home!
    And staying home is what a lot of people are doing. Maybe there's just a lot more disposable income in Canada than down here.

For those who prefer bottled water, there was cold water at the IAC HQ in their fridge. At $1 for a donation, you get a bottle of water. It's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian8apilot View Post
    It might just be me, but it sounds like you folks are pretty cheap! I drove 18hrs to come to Osh, and payed for a week in the UW, bus passes, etc etc ... Like many of you, and it sounds like after all that your bitching over a $3.00 bottle of water?? Really??? I guess if it's that bad there is annother option, Stay Home!
    Pretty Cheap? I flew 1600 miles roundtrip in my airplane that burns 25gph. I paid inflated fees and prices for everything on the grounds including avgas. I guess I could pay ANOTHER $50 bucks and buy a camelback. I guess I could walk a long way to find some free/cheap water. As a member of EAA should we be expected to do this? Can we get a break on anything? .10c discount on avgas for EAA members. I laughed when I heard that... EAA allowing vendors to inflate prices and serve terrible food etc is a disgrace to US, the members. Why can't mom and pop come serve food at OSH? I can walk off the grounds and find great food and CHEAP water. Why? I have been coming to OSH since 1996 and in the last 4 years I have watched this thing dig it's own grave... It shows with the poor turnout this year. People are going other places or not coming at all. I almost stayed home this year but decided to try again. I stayed for 3 days and finally had enough and left (along with 9 other people in our group) Not sure I will be back until things change. If they ever do... A LOT of people are fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by hkyplr18 View Post
    Pretty Cheap? I flew 1600 miles roundtrip in my airplane that burns 25gph. I paid inflated fees and prices for everything on the grounds including avgas. I guess I could pay ANOTHER $50 bucks and buy a camelback. I guess I could walk a long way to find some free/cheap water. As a member of EAA should we be expected to do this? Can we get a break on anything? .10c discount on avgas for EAA members. I laughed when I heard that... EAA allowing vendors to inflate prices and serve terrible food etc is a disgrace to US, the members. Why can't mom and pop come serve food at OSH? I can walk off the grounds and find great food and CHEAP water. Why? I have been coming to OSH since 1996 and in the last 4 years I have watched this thing dig it's own grave... It shows with the poor turnout this year. People are going other places or not coming at all. I almost stayed home this year but decided to try again. I stayed for 3 days and finally had enough and left (along with 9 other people in our group) Not sure I will be back until things change. If they ever do... A LOT of people are fed up.
    I saw on another thread that the EAA has a new email address for feed-back. It is feedback@eaa.org. Hockey, you give a great synopsis of the changes experienced and the costs (arguably sacrifices) you made to come to the show. It would likely be very worthwhile to share this same information on the provided email address.

Thank you for sharing your experience this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Unwiredone View Post
    I saw on another thread that the EAA has a new email address for feed-back. It is feedback@eaa.org. Hockey, you give a great synopsis of the changes experienced and the costs (arguably sacrifices) you made to come to the show. It would likely be very worthwhile to share this same information on the provided email address.

Thank you for sharing your experience this year.
    Thanks UNWIRE. I will submit to that email.

I also think 3 bucks for water is a bit steep. So I carried my own bottle of water in (legal). I also refilled my water bottles with numerous EAA provided water fountains on the flight line that had spigots for fast filling, and visited the hospitality tent with free water, lemonade, and iced tea...plus cookies (and donated each time). Spent 7 days there with wife and two kids, stayed hydrated and ever bought one 3 dollar water.
    I just do not understand the witch hunt. This was my 37th convention, and each one is a cherished memory.
    Oh, and the North 40 cafe had awesome dinners that were more than I could eat with an entree, a side, and a salad for under ten bucks...

I've been going to OSH for the past 10 years. I don't pay the inflated prices, I just find other ways & means to eat, drink, & be merry. Normally, I just pack my own, stick it in a backpack & don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    I've been going to OSH for the past 10 years. I don't pay the inflated prices, I just find other ways & means to eat, drink, & be merry. Normally, I just pack my own, stick it in a backpack & don't worry about it.
    Exactly. Some of the prices are high. A little planning or a 5 minute walk to a more affordable vendor solves the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hkyplr18 View Post
    I guess I could walk a long way to find some free/cheap water..
    I had some issues with Airventure, but finding free water wasn't one of them.