Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EAA Radio at AirVenture 2012

I doubt they're blocking your stream in particular. But TuneIn tells me I have neither Quicktime nor Real Player installed, they tell me I need Silverlight, and there seems to be some issue with Flash, too, so I suspect it's pretty much hopeless. This is a government network, and they're still worried about the commies as well as the terrorists, so I can't install anything. If I talk to the IT people about it, I'll end up on somebody's watch list. So I'll keep trying, but I don't expect success.

If audio works along with the streaming video from AirVenture, that will be good enough.

Thanks again for all your help.

Mike E

I'm also not able to listen through the tunein application, but can through the tunein web page. After some research, I see it may be a codec issue. Is the feed in WMA format? If you're not on a Windows device, tunein doesn't have the licensed codec since it would have cost more than they get from a free program.
    This thread has some messages on the subject. It's from the HP Touchpad forum, but the tunein developer participates.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...questions.html

Also, could the studio camera be shifted a bit to the left? The microphone stands block the view of the people being interviewed.
    Thanks
    Last edited by PaulDow; 07-23-2012 at 11:45 AM.

The stream is NOT in WMA format: it is MP3, but I believe TuneIn re-encodes it. Since TuneIn works on a variety of devices, I am certain it is not a WMA stream.

As for the studio cam, this is the best placement possible in our small space. It is not perfect, but it gives you a view of the "action".

Thanks for the info. I guess my problem is being cheap and buying a discontinued device.
    Having multiple methods of connecting is a great service, especially since I couldn't go there this year.
    I saw later that some people sit on the end of the table in the studio, so I see what you mean.

Edit: I have to stop listening. I looked outside, and wondered why it was so dark. Then I realized that I wasn't in the Central time zone.
    Last edited by PaulDow; 07-23-2012 at 07:26 PM.