Thread: EAA Radio at AirVenture 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

EAA Radio at AirVenture 2012

Name:  avatarjustin.tv.png.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  37.7 KBWe are excited to begin broadcasting in this, our 17th year of operation!

As always, we are hard at work, preparing for the 2012 broadcast season! Our AM transmissions will return this year on AM1210. Additionally, we will be available at 96.5 FM.

We know some of you had issues listening remotely last year. In an effort to alleviate these issues, we removed the Flash Player on our website and replaced it with a simple link. Additionally, with help from our friends at Disovery World, we have upgraded our streaming server! Please try the new link at our website now: http://eaaradio.net

Also, remember, we stream content year round from our extenisve archive!

If you use social media, you can follow our updates on Facebook (http://facebook.com/eaaradio/) and Twitter (eaaradio). Or you can simply email us at info@eaaradio.net. As listeners, we welcome your feedback!

Thanks for your years of support!

Tommy Balistreri
    Station Manager - EAA Radio
    Last edited by codetalker; 06-18-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Great idea and service.
    But eaaradio.net doesn't work now. When does it come on line?
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_CYBW View Post
    But eaaradio.net doesn't work now. When does it come on line?
    My link above had an error in it. Please try now!

All I can get is the 30 second commercial, over and over and over again. None of the archives will play. Do I have to have Quicktime installed to play anything but the commercial? Why does the commercial work but nothing else?

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    All I can get is the 30 second commercial, over and over and over again. None of the archives will play. Do I have to have Quicktime installed to play anything but the commercial? Why does the commercial work but nothing else?
    The problem you're describing, with the underwriting message, we discovered yesterday, and only seems to happen in the latest versions of Windows Media Player - the one included with Vista/Windows 7. Version 9, the version included with Windows XP, works fine, as do a number of other players (WinAmp, VLC, etc).

You can certainly try installing one of these, but you may find it easier to use the alternate option shown just under the "Click Here to Listen" link:

TuneIn is another way to stream EAA Radio from a web browser.
    For more information, visit tunein.com and search for "EAA Radio".
    Here is a direct link: http://tunein.com/radio/EAA-Radio-s126404/

P
    lease let me know if you have any issues with tunein.com or if you have any questions. Sorry, for the confusion. I guess you can thank Microsoft for their inconsistencies, but we are attempting to find a workaround, which may include only using the tunein.com link.

Thanks!
    Tommy Balistreri
    Station Manager - EAA Radio
    Last edited by codetalker; 06-17-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Right, didn't work with Windows Media Player with Windows 7. But also didn't work with WinAmp under Windows 7. Just the commercial, which I've heard now about 25 times too many.

Did work with TuneIn from home, but Friday from work I got no audio at all from EAA Radio on TuneIn. Some other stations worked, others did not. Might be the firewalls, but last year I was able to get EAA Radio at work and hope to be able to do the same again.

Thanks a whole lot for running this, and thanks especially for starting to work the problems early!

Mike E