Thread: Any problem parking in GAP on Sunday

Any problem parking in GAP on Sunday

HI, normally I fly in on Wednesday, but this year I am planning on coming in on Sunday. Does GAP ever close on Sunday. I will be arriving around 11. Thanks in advance

Only if it is full

I doubt if it would be full. Just listen to ATIS as you arrive to get current info & go somewhere else in the unlikely event it was full. I'd try to get a feel for any of the 'mass arrivals' & be prepared to wait them out if you happened in at a time they had reserved. The current weather is always a wild card too.

Mass arrival sched (from the website):
    • Cherokees: Friday, July 20, 1 p.m.
    • Bonanzas: Saturday, July 21, 1 p.m.
    • Cessnas: Saturday, July 21, 2:30 p.m.
    • Mooneys: Saturday, July 21, 4 p.m.
    • RVs: Sunday, July 22, 1:30 p.m.
    • AirVenture Cup Racers: Sunday, July 22, 3 p.m.

The two times I've flown into the show I have arrived on Sunday, once it was in the morning, and the other was in the evening about 1 hour prior to when the field was closing. Both times the N40 had plenty of parking spots. I doubt very much that the spots will be full on Sunday. When in doubt check the web site for the latest parking update.

Both times that I flown in I planned the trip with a stop at MSN to get fuel, use the bathroom, check the weather and parking status. It's a short hop to OSH from there, so no surprises when I get to RIPON.

If you're looking for a good final stop coming from the South/South East you might try 02C (Capitol Airport/Brookfield). Nice cheap fuel, friendly airport. There's a Culver's and a Subway a block or so off the field as well...