Thread: Pitts S1-D wings

Pitts S1-D wings

Hi

I'm new to this site and a member of the LAA (EAA equivalent) here in the UK.
    I am looking at a rebuild project of a Pitts S1. The set of wings I am looking at are S1-D, (flat bottom section with 4 ailerons) they have built up ribs and the compression ribs have square sections either side.
    The help I need is to obtain a set of plans for the wings so I can make sure they 'conform' and obtain the relevant approvals, I have drawings for the S1-S which helps with the fuselage etc but not wings.

If anyone can help with plans/information I would be most grateful.

Best regards

Stuart

I would suggest starting with the folks at Steen Aerolab. They sell plans for the S-1C and the four aileron wings.

Best of luck,

Wes

Hi Wes

Thanks for the reply, I've been in touch with Steen Aerolab and they don't have plans for the S1-D, I think the four aileron wing they do is the S1-SS which is a symmetrical wing.

Stuart

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by tipsynipper View Post
    Hi Wes

Thanks for the reply, I've been in touch with Steen Aerolab and they don't have plans for the S1-D, I think the four aileron wing they do is the S1-SS which is a symmetrical wing.

Stuart
    From http://www.steenaero.com/pittss1/

The S1-C is the "Flatwing" Pitts Special, which was the first model for which plans were offered back in 1962. The S1-C uses the M-6 airfoil on both wings, and has ailerons on the lower wings only (a four-aileron model is available, please ask for details.)