There was a short thread on this topic in Feb. This is a very nice technology that I personally think should be used in every plane. With the newly released demo video, I would like to see more discussions on it.

The video shows a pretty benign condition for the failed spin entry: idle power, neutral aileron (the pilot keep the stick centered while and after pulling), limited rudder deflection. I would expect the spin resistant claim to base on a much tougher condition: full power, opposite aileron, more rudder deflection.

The video shows the rudder deflection is limited even with the all-the-way-in right leg of the A5 pilot. Does Icon limit the rudder authority at high AoA only, or at all AoA? If the rudder deflection is so limited in all condition, then I would expect it to have poor cross-wind landing capability and poor spin recovery (after all, it is not spin-proof).

Another (perhaps the most) important parameter in spin entry and recovery is C.G. location. The video says nothing about this. In terms of aileron position, FAR 23 clearly states full opposite aileron position is also required.

What are the "tricks" that make an airplane spin resistant? Anyone plans to build an experimental spin resistant airplane at home?