Thread: Purple Forum?

Purple Forum?

Somebody mentioned "the purple forum" in another thread.......HUH?? Ignorance is not bliss

In a house with my laptop.....somewhere in Collierville, TN
    I'm a Purple Board member. Try www.purpleboard.net. We are all pretty kicked back and friendly but also frequently stray from topics…without mods getting excited. Lots of great folks I am happy to call friends thanks to the list owner, Miss Kimmie.

The board came about due to restrictions at AOPA (Red Board) and Pilots of America (Blue Board) and how they frequently were treated. Kim created the Purple Board as a result. It is a much more relaxed place where everyone is welcome.

I don't come over here much because I spend all my time on the Purple Board or www.j3-cub.com.
    Last edited by JimRice85; 08-04-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

N4WJ 1994 Van's RV-4 (Flying)
    N3368K 1946 Globe GC-1B Swift (Flying)--For Sale
    N7155H 1946 Piper J-3C Cub (Flying)

There are at least three popular web boards for pilots. Each uses a different background color (but they are all vBulletin boards formatted somewhat like this one).

The AOPA board is known as the "Red board." Knowlegable people there, but the attitudes can be tough. It has a red background.

The Pilots for America Board is known as the "Blue board." It uses a blue color scheme. It tends to be have a good mix of technical information and pilots discussing random stuff.

The Purple Board for Pilots is probably the friendliest of the bunch due to the influence of the board "owners" who frown on people not playing well together. There is less technical talk on that board and more chatter about other stuff. Not surprisingly, the Purple Board has a purple background.

Each has plenty to offer.

Interesting! Thanks guys! I spend some time lurking on the supercub and backcountry boards, but never heard of the'colored' boards. I appreciate the responses!

The Purple Board for Pilots is probably the friendliest of the bunch due to the influence of the board "owners" who frown on people not playing well together. There is less technical talk on that board and more chatter about other stuff. Not surprisingly, the Purple Board has a purple background.
    Agreed. If I want social banter, I go to the Purple Board.
    If I want to see a bunch of people marching in lock step and ruthlessly crushing dissent, I go to the Van's forums.
    If I want to a the cliff notes version of technical information and social banter, there's Pilots of America
    If I want detailed technical information, I go to http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/forum.php

Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.