Thread: General Aviation Parking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

General Aviation Parking

I am planning on arriving Saturday around noon. Where should I expect to to be directed to park the plane?

Thanks
    Marc

Do you plan to camp with your plane? How long is your expected stay? What type of plane? Do you qualify for the special parking/camping areas? In the Notam it states you need to make up a sign so you can show the 'flaggers' after you land where you want to go. Much of the parking for general aircraft is on the North side of 9/27.

Flying DA40. Staying from Saturday noon to Thursday morning. No camping. No special status.

...and PLEASE don't use a ballpoint pen to make your sign! Holding up (what looks to us like) a blank piece of paper only slows the progression. Make those letters thick and bold! Thanks!

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

It's in the NOTAM, but you want GAP or GAC on the sign depending on whether you are camping or parking.

I have a lot of fun with the signs. I also have a THANK YOU sign I put on the back of the parking sign that I show after they note where I'm going. One of the flaggers even took my picture one year.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    It's in the NOTAM, but you want GAP or GAC on the sign depending on whether you are camping or parking.

I have a lot of fun with the signs. I also have a THANK YOU sign I put on the back of the parking sign that I show after they note where I'm going. One of the flaggers even took my picture one year.
    Good idea! I'll have to...ahem...steal that idea and make one for myself this year.
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA22-150/160
    N6929D
    Website