Thread: Tram schedule

Question Tram schedule

Does anyone know when the Trams and the North 40 bus are schedule to start? Do they run the Sunday before opening day, and if so to what time in the afternoon/evening do they run. I'm planning on arriving (by plane) sometime over the weekend and need to hop a ride to the U of W dorms. Each time I've flown in I have parked way back in the North 40, and it's a long walk to anywhere.

Thanks!

According to EAA's security manager, they will be running starting on Sunday, July 22, from 7:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
    John Carrier, EAA #877198
    Vice President, Information Technology
    Staff Liaison to the N40

EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Phone: 920.426.6166
    Fax: 920.426.6865
    Cell: 920.379.4185

Quote Originally Posted by John Carrier View Post
    from 7:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
    Wow I'm surprised (but very happy) that they will be running until 10:00 PM. Last year we arrived on Sunday prior to opeing day 30 min prior to sunset and closing of the field. We got stuck when we were told that the last N40 bus was at 7:00. We were lucky to hop ride on a bus that was making a run back to the depot downtown.

Make sure you have alternative transportation plans because there is a random component to the tram and bus schedule. They may be scheduled to run on Sunday but that doesn't mean they will. If the loads drop off toward evening the drivers will leave early so you could easily find yourself with no more buses running even though it's only 6 or 7 PM. That's what happened to us last year.

I seem to recall there was some confusion on the charter company operating the buses as to just what the hours were. One group of drivers shut down operations but then later in the evening it started up again.
    I heard some grumblings on the subject from one of the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Rampey View Post
    Make sure you have alternative transportation plans because there is a random component to the tram and bus schedule. They may be scheduled to run on Sunday but that doesn't mean they will. If the loads drop off toward evening the drivers will leave early so you could easily find yourself with no more buses running even though it's only 6 or 7 PM. That's what happened to us last year.
    That's exactly what happend to us last year. We got in just when things were shutting down. For the ride to the UW dorms we got lucky to hop on an empty bus going back to the depot. I'l make every attempt to get on the ground as realy as possable, but delays en route happen.

The city buses aren't the tram/north 40 bus. Actually I had a similar event when the bus went out of service at the Dorms but I wanted to continue back a little bit to a restaurant on the return route. The driver very nicely drove us direct to the front door of the restaurant (which was a couple of blocks off the line). I always keep the number of City Cab in my phone anyhow. They're always real good to us: 920 235 7000.

EAA's security manager is working with the person who oversees the bus operations to ensure that the busses run until 10:00 p.m. Sunday.
    John Carrier, EAA #877198
    Vice President, Information Technology
    Staff Liaison to the N40

EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Phone: 920.426.6166
    Fax: 920.426.6865
    Cell: 920.379.4185