Thread: E/AB "Manufacture Date"?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E/AB "Manufacture Date"?

I'm getting ready for my AW inspection. Yay.

In the log book, there is space for some assertions that have a blank with (insert mfr date here).

Is the manufacture date one I just pull out of thin air? The date of the inspection? The date of last builder log entry? Something else?

Also, is it any concern if I have my Class B mode "C" transponder cert log entry before any other entry or completion assertion by me?

Thanks!

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Manufacture Date

I have always used the DAR inspection date (airworthiness cert.) as the date of manufacture.

I don't see any problem with your pitot/static and transponder check being your first logbook entry. You will also need an entry for your initial condition inspection, but I don't see why the order of those entries would matter.

Cincinnati FSDO says date of manufacture is any date of your choosing from the day you started construction up to the inspection date.

Thanks, Dave & RShaw; I figured it might be pretty open, but just thought I'd check.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I've always heard (and what is declared as official by an active DAR over on VAF) is the manufacture date is that date of the actual inspection. YMMV...As for the first log entry I don't think it matters as to the order, just make sure to include all applicable equipment entries (ie pitot/static, ELT, transponder, etc) and an initial inspection entry worded somehting like this: "I certify that I have inspected the aircraft in accordance with FAR part 43, appendix D, and consider it eligible for an experimental airworthiness certificate for the purpose of operating amateur-built aircraft under the provisions of FAR part 21.191(g)." Then sign and date.

Note this first entry is slightly different than the entry for the annual Condition Inspection, which is in the OP lims: “I certify that this aircraft has been inspected on [insert date] in accordance with the scope and detail of appendix D to part 43, and was found to be in a condition for safe operation.”
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Pure gold, Tiger! I was wondering how to phrase that - man, I loves me some EAA.

(Roll Tide)
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.