Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AC No:39-7D Subject: Airworthiness Directives

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Nah, here is a homebuilt AD list:

Attachment 2046

No reason for it to be any more complicated than that.
    Point taken and it works, right up until, you know, there's something important getting overlooked and it goes out and you're not aware of it. I like the idea of being a test pilot but not when my family is along for the ride. My fiancee is pretty understanding but I'm pretty sure we ditch the plane or put it down in a cornfield only to find out that I could have prevented it by paying attention to the ADs. Nothing like living through a crash only to have one of your passengers kill you. LOL

To each and to their own Marty. You want to be simplistic and keep the "guv'mint" out of your flying and I want to make sure I don't overlook something. Either way, hopefully both of us wind up where we're going and can poke fun at each other over a beer or lunch if we ever meet.
    Last edited by steveinindy; 06-09-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

The problem has never been with the FSDO at Indy they have been great except for one guy's very condescending comments when I first got into the aviation quandry. The problem I had is I didn't build the plane and by the time I aquired it all builders logs were gone. I tried 3 a/p's none would even consider signing off on it without fairly extensive work and costs, even though all three had different items they wanted replaced or sent off for testing. I tried to argue that they were holding it to certified standards and in some cases higher,(alot of what they had a problem with was original construction not present condition)but they would not budge. I called another who said they weren't supposed to do what they were doing but it's their name on the logs so he understood why.
    Actually I understand too now that time has passed, it's the same thing with a certified rig, if you buy one and take it away from the A/P I/A that has familiarized himself with it the new guy has to recheck everything to be sure it's been complied with, you know the drill "never trust the last guy he's probably an idiot and probably did it wrong.
    Build your own and these problems go away for as long as you keep it, so that's what I'm doing. I can't see me ever owning a certified aircraft unless I get my CFI and use it for training or eventually get my A/P myself.