Now... What to do about this little monster?

Name:  300px-Aeronca_E107.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  21.2 KB

Hmmm, the E-107 is a 26Hp engine according to wiki and 30Hp according to the Building the Ramsey Flying Bathtub article. Which to believe, as it can't have been the bigger E-113, as that engine came out well after the publication date of the Ramsey Flying Bathtub article.

Not too many, if any, small suitable four stroke engines options. Verner had two, but they sold off their small flat twin engine designs to the communist chinese years ago... Pity.

Though I must confide, except for its outrageous price tag, the Verner 3VW radial engine is very cool and rather era-appropriate. I wager it sounds like a real aircraft engine too.

I'm not fond of the idea of cutting up and bastardising a Volkswagen engine. I'll just leave that well alone.

Two stroke wise, I'm scratching my head. Compact Radial has been sold off to the communist chinese too... Go figure. Rotax just humours the big-ass engine market these days, so that just about leaves me with Simonini engines.

The smaller Victor model from Simonini has my fleeting attention, lest I find something else.