Thread: Eaa exhibitor criminal scam

Eaa exhibitor criminal scam

There are always exhibitors offering legitimate drawings for things. I signed up at a booth which appeared to be selling cruise info. I realized what I was in fact doing was putting myself on their mailing list, but such is the price of entry. However, Monday evening I get a call from some "bubbly" telemarketer telling me I'd won a cruise ... I was beginning to get a little suspicious because it appeared to be scripted. Sure enough, to "claim" my prize I'd have to pay a processing fee. I hung up.

I can understand the EAA needs the bucks so they can sell the space to the medical device rackets and the not available in store frying pan demos, but to actively allow a criminal fraud scam to operate in a booth in the exhibit hall is unconscionable.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Ron - we are obviously not happy to hear about behavior like this on the part of one of our exhibitors and we're looking into it. If there's any additional info you can provide to help us determine with certainty who was involved, would you mind sending me a direct message? Thanks!

They were along the west wall of one of the buildings. I tried to dig up the thing but unforutnately the blasted PDF version of the info guide isn't searchable and there's no sorted by booth# list.
    The call came in from Florida.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I believe we've figured it out on our end. I'm asking one of your staff to follow-up with you directly. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation