Hi all,

I was at the airport this afternoon, and was out in the hangar checking out my plane. I just happened to look behind mine, and in the corner, under a bunch of plastic was an airplane. I took a closer look, and lo and behold, it was one of my faves, a Bakeng Deuce! I don't remember seeing it there before, so I went inside and asked the airport manager about it. He said it's been sitting there for a long time, and it hasn't flown in ages. It literally showed up on the ramp one day, out of nowhere, and it's been in the hangar ever since, all covered up.

I looked it up in the FAA database, and it's been de-registered, with a "reason for cancellation" marking as "destroyed". Well, it's obviously not been destroyed, because I can see it right there! I was told that the airworthiness certificate was revoked/removed/destroyed or whatever, and that the aircraft had no papers. What does it take to get the airworthiness certificate back on an aircraft in that state? Does returning it to an airworthy state qualify to get it reinspected and reinstated? Or is it now just a pile of parts?

Best regards,
Chris