Well, I am finally gonna take my own trip that I have wanted for a few years now. It'll be my first trip up there, and first trip alone. I will be travelling by either Amtrak or Greyhound, since I do not own a personal car. I am excited for this trip, but also somewhat nervous and overwhelmed by it all, already. Any tips and tricks to help me out? Also, I do want to camp in Camp Scholler this first time out, and also lend some time for volunteer work to help out my limited budget. But, my parents would prefer to have me bunk up in a dorm room, a hotel, or a room in a house. Problem is, I know someone who will be renting out a room in a house for $40 a night, which is pretty cheap. But again, my parents are worried that I might be taken advantage of or scammed in the deal. The other thing that kinda worries me is not having any personal transportation when I get there, since I will be 100% on foot. With my parents, they aren't too sure that they would want me going alone but that will be the only way that I will get to go to AirVenture. Other than that, I can't wait to make it up there. I know that I will run into plenty of people I know and trust.

Thanks in advance!