Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Materials for cockpit mockup

76 MGB - a conflicting source of fun & frustration & proof that British Leyland engineers put 2 pieces of metal together & invented the oil leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    76 MGB - a conflicting source of fun & frustration
    That's the kind of car my dad had when he met my mom. I've seen pictures of him with the car but I just couldn't remember what it was called.

& proof that British Leyland engineers put 2 pieces of metal together & invented the oil leak.
    Hahahaha. Nice. I always thought it was the invention of whomever invented the radial engine.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

That car also has the first self-dimming headlights & the first intermittent wipers, both invented by Lucas Prince of Darkness....

I have a jar of genuine Lucas wiring harness smoke in the trunk just in case my wiring harness decides to release all of its smoke at a inopportune moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    That car also has the first self-dimming headlights & the first intermittent wipers, both invented by Lucas Prince of Darkness....

I have a jar of genuine Lucas wiring harness smoke in the trunk just in case my wiring harness decides to release all of its smoke at a inopportune moment...
    The real reason that the English drink their beer warm is because their refrigerators are made by Lucas.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The real reason that the English drink their beer warm is because their refrigerators are made by Lucas.
    Now that explains a lot...

One minor issue I was made aware of this morning - evidently white foam is an excellent claw sharpening medium. This has me worried about what will happen when I get to the point of covering the real thing in fabric.

Declaw the cat?

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Not an option.

Hmmm....you have quite the predicament there.