Here are the summary results & recommendations.

http://go.usa.gov/pQt

My comment: they start off by saying that E-AB's are 10% of the GA fleet, but contributed 15% of total accidents and 21% of fatals (2011 data). However, I believe that when the FAA's "roll off the registrations" effort completes in the next couple of years, that E-AB's will be a MUCH LARGER portion of the CURRENTLY REGISTERED fleet, as thousands, if not dozens of thousands of abandoned, derilict, or simply too-expensive-to-maintain production certified aircraft are dropped from the registration list. Sure, some E-AB's will drop off as well, but we're building those and adding them to the fleet much faster than production aircraft are being delivered...

So, I hope the powers-that-be will wait before implementing the more costly and involved of the recommendations until they can have a better picture of what the E-AB contribution to various rates really is. I applaud the effort that went into collecting the mass of information for this study, but before we jump to a bunch more regulations, inspections, paperwork, and fees, let's be sure the situation really warrants such changes.

One recommendation that wouldn't cost anything that I could see EASILY being of benefit is the recommendation to allow a second person aboard during Phase I for a multitude of purposes - to fly the airplane while you collect the data; to help with keeping your flight tests on track (what's the next point to hit, what's next in the plan); to help with recording data; to watch for traffic, etc. Perhaps this could be implemented after some ballast testing was done to show the aircraft is controllable at the increased weight.

Another recommendation that wouldn't cost much that would seem to address two of the leading categories of accidents/fatalities (first flight of the airplane & first flight by a new owner) would be the standardization and promotion of the LODA to help get more E-AB's available for transition training.