Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Grounds at Night ....

The Grounds at Night ....

Can anyone tell me what time they lock the gates to the grounds each night? I am thinking of taking photos of some of the aircraft at night around sunset but am not sure how long the gates are open.

Thanks in advance!
    Ron

I don't think the gates are ever locked at night. I been "up" to the grounds at all hours of the day/night for picture taking and have never encountered a locked gate. I think there's security at each entrance/exit 24/7 though.

They do close the warbirds area overnight. I don't know what the hours are. Zach might chime in here...

Different gates have different operating hours. I think you can get in the Knapp road by the Aeroshell square is open 24 hours. The Waupan road gate shuts at I think.
    Sunset around 8:30 should not be problem..

Warbirds shuts down at 8PM when the field closes. The rest of it is open all night. It is almost magical to walk around the flightline late at night, just one of the many reasons why everyone should stay on the field rather than off in some hotel or dorm room. One man's humble opinion.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Thanks to everyone for all of your input on this subject! It has really helped.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Point View Post
    Warbirds shuts down at 8PM when the field closes. The rest of it is open all night. It is almost magical to walk around the flightline late at night, just one of the many reasons why everyone should stay on the field rather than off in some hotel or dorm room. One man's humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Point View Post
    Exactly! Evenings at Oshkosh are just magical. I don't know how to compare it to anything else, but those hours between 8 pm and midnight at Oshkosh are some of my favorite Oshkosh memories.
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA22-150/160
    N6929D
    Website

I always stay at Scholler or at the Sleep Hollow Farms camp site and yes they are the best places to stay. Far better than staying off site. Thanks to all your responses I am really looking forward to some night hiking to the flight line to check out the aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzieandgracie View Post
    I always stay at Scholler or at the Sleep Hollow Farms camp site and yes they are the best places to stay. Far better than staying off site. Thanks to all your responses I am really looking forward to some night hiking to the flight line to check out the aircraft.
    Are you going to be in Sleepy Hollow this year? If you are drop in on us we'll be in space 69. Friday the 20th thru the next Saturday.