Our current airport manager came out with a new set of hangar rules. Although I, (others disagree with me), think part of the rules are ok, I think the manager is overly agressive with some of the rules.

1. No non-functioning cars/transportation in hangar, all cars left in hangar are for transportation home, (one rule I agree with, this is an airport, not an auto storage yard).
2. All fridges and airconditioners are to be 18" off floor
3. All fuel not in aircraft have to be stored in fire resistant fuel containers/lockers, (similar restrictions with various flammable fluids).
4. No wood stored in hangar.
5. No welding in hangar, (if one has fuel in a plane in the hangar, I can see this one).
6. One plane per T-hangar.
7. Shelves limited to 36" in width, (now that one can't store wood.., but then storing 48" wide aluminum for building...)
8. No painting at all in hangars, (there is not a paint shed on the field, the previous rule let owners do minor touch-up painting).

The list goes on and on. As written, this will effectively discourage any homebuilding at the airport, even in our chapter hangar. Can anyone in headquarters help us?