Thread: NoseWheel LSA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Happy NoseWheel LSA

I am looking for nose wheel LSA. Being 72, it is getting differcult to satisfy FAA medical people in OK. I have seen numerous taildraggers, but not many nose wheel LSA. If someone could "suggest" some nose wheel LSA's, I would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by weckles View Post
    I am looking for nose wheel LSA. Being 72, it is getting differcult to satisfy FAA medical people in OK. I have seen numerous taildraggers, but not many nose wheel LSA. If someone could "suggest" some nose wheel LSA's, I would appreciate it.
    I thought most of them do have a nosewheel. Are you looking for a classic, one of the modern "egg" shaped jobs or ultralight style (open air)???

I thought most of them do have a nosewheel.
    That's my impression as well. Most of the one's I have seen are nosewheel equipped. The Cessna 162 Skycrasher is one, the Pipistrel oddities are others, then you have the classics that fit the bill. Outside of the classics, I can't think of any (other than a few one off ultralights) that are taildraggers.

Any particular reason you're not interested in a tail dragger? If you've never flown one, no time like the present!
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

One LSA that I have flown and liked is a Gobosh, and it has a nosewheel. I personally like the looks of low wing planes in most cases better than high wing. The Piper Sport is another.
    I think almost all of the new design LSA s are nosewheel.
    Of course a classic Cub or Champ tailwheel plane also qualifies as an LSA.

Maybe an Ercoupe also?
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 05-20-2012 at 08:24 PM.

The Aerotrek 240 has a nose wheel and meets the LSA criteria. You can also buy an already-built experimental that satisfies the LSA rules. A few that come to mind are the Sonex and Waiex (they are available in both nose and tail dragger flavors), and the RV-12 (only available as a nose wheel equipped airplane). I'm sure there are plenty of others, but those are the ones that came to mind first.
    Bill

Thanks for all the replies. Please let me clarify. I am looking for a classic nose wheel plane that will qualify for a LSA, 1320 max weight. My budget is 20-30K. Thanks for everyone's help.