Thread: Alright Yall Convinced me!! I am going to the 2012 Airventure!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alright Yall Convinced me!! I am going to the 2012 Airventure!

Now with that said, I am a Flightless pilot (No aircraft) so I will be driving up from West Virginia...Pause....Thats right I said WEST virginia! I intend to bring my grandson with me and he is 9 years old and loves aircraft. I intend for him to help me pick out my first ELSA that WE are going to build. Now I have never been to" The show of shows", so I intend to ask a lot of questions about what I should do and bring.
    First I will say I am not without skills, I retired from Law enforcement in 2002 and spent many hours camping..the real camping in a overhead cover not a "camper" I have a 10X10 cabin tent with 3 rooms and a shower tent. I have cooking gear tables and a Air conditioner for the tent.

The one thing I do have is a physical disability (recieved on duty) that prevents me from walking a great distance. I can walk but I am very slow. I would like to reserve(?) a place near a shower facility and latrine if possible. Can a vehicle be parked near the tent? in my case a chevy 1500 4X4.
    and are tent sites available with electric or someplace to plug in the cord for the A/C or do I just rough it?

My grandson is screaming happy, and I know that there are many things there to keep his interest, but I would like to find, while we are there to get him involved in the "young Eagle" program, is that available there?

Now this next question is not ment to cause any hard feelings but, is there some sort of security in the camping area to look after the goods of folks while they are out of the area? If not I, humbly would volunteer for that position, I have over 22 years in Law Enforcement and Corrections as well as Army 95B (MP). All I really want to see there are the aircraft that I am interested to build next year, and the warbirds and also the modern aircraft....O.K. I want to see it all!

So, I will leave for a while you all talk among yourselves, see if I can help out and think where a older guy like me should do because I intend to be there all week!

I understand that this is kinda late in this preperation but I have finally paid my pennance to my overlord (AKA Wife) and she has, out of her loving merciful heart, and a strong crevat of "dont spent all the money ...we still have grand kids to get through College"! allowed me limited time to once again walk among the "crazy few" of aircraft manipulators.

Hints, tips and ideas are always welcome!

Last edited by Gently56; 05-17-2012 at 11:46 PM.