Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Registration Red Tape, Ain't This Fun!

In a house with my laptop.....somewhere in Collierville, TN
    How often do you have to renew your car's registration? How long does that take? Can you do it online? How much does it cost?

I'd rather not have to reregister and pay the $5, but it just isn't that big a deal and has been absolutely painless. Yeah, they might raise the fee. Are you going to stop flying over another $5 or even $50 spread over three years. Would you rather have user fees?

I've had zero problems with the new system after three different instances. In all cases, I had the new registration in about a week.
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

N4WJ 1994 Van's RV-4 (Flying)
    N3368K 1946 Globe GC-1B Swift (Flying)--For Sale
    N7155H 1946 Piper J-3C Cub (Flying)

My car registration can be done instantaneously online from any time up to a year before it expires and even after it expires. I can print a completely valid temporary registration that covers me for up to 15 days (it typically only takes the state a few days to get the real registration). Compare that to the utter debacle that the FAA registration is. It's pointless. No need. No revenue. Just busy work for all invovled. Net loss to the tax coffers.

I have to register the aircraft with the state and the feds, it really doesn't make much difference (just borrow someones number from far away)