Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Registration Red Tape, Ain't This Fun!

Prairie Cottage Airport, 8KS8, Chapman KS
    Quote Originally Posted by rosiejerryrosie View Post
    Prolly in the same place it authorizes the creation of the various classes of airspace. After all - the air is free how can someone even propose to regulate it?
    I don't know Jerry. I'm beginning to think some of these guys are right. It should be up to every State to regulate and register aircraft. That way we would have 50 different Aviation administrations and our pilots licenses would only be valid in the state we received it. That would simplify everything.
    Jim Clark, Chairman National Biplane Fly In, www.nationalbiplaneflyin.com. Currently flying: 1929 Waco CSO, 1939 Waco EGC-8, 1946 Piper J-3, 1955 Piper PA22/20, 1956 Beech G35, 1984 Beech A36 & 2001 Vans RV9.
    You love a lot of things if you live around them, but there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, nor any before nor any after, that is as lovely as a great airplane, and men who love them are faithful to them even though they leave them for others.
    - Ernest Hemingway

Can someone give me the phone number to call to talk to the registration lady at the FAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearson View Post
    Can someone give me the phone number to call to talk to the registration lady at the FAA?
    All the current contacts are here:

http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certific...certification/

Thanks Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
    It should be up to every State to regulate and register aircraft. That way we would have 50 different Aviation administrations and our pilots licenses would only be valid in the state we received it. That would simplify everything.
    big smiley face here. that's not what i meant and you know it. i neither wrote nor meant the states should regulate aircraft operations. registration of aircraft is not an enumerated function of the federal government and is thus a state function. just like motor vehicle registration. the majority of states agree, they have state aviation administrations and register aircraft already. or are you advocating the federal government should register motor vehicles and certificate their drivers?

is your motor vehicle operator license and registration only valid in the state of issue? of course not. why not? Article IV, Section 1 of the United States Constitution. which is why a marriage license/certificate is valid in all fifty states, and a concealed carry license/permit, and ......sorry, thread creep.

Interesting deal. I was reading the forums, took a break and went to my mail box to pick up the mail. In the mail was a brand new registration certifcate for my airplane. I had applied and payed online for re-registration on 5-20. It's now 5-26. I'm totally surprised !

Prairie Cottage Airport, 8KS8, Chapman KS
    It was easy, wasn't it? Worked the same way on each of my aircraft so I guess I'm just not sympathetic to those that make a simple thing difficult.
    Jim Clark, Chairman National Biplane Fly In, www.nationalbiplaneflyin.com. Currently flying: 1929 Waco CSO, 1939 Waco EGC-8, 1946 Piper J-3, 1955 Piper PA22/20, 1956 Beech G35, 1984 Beech A36 & 2001 Vans RV9.
    You love a lot of things if you live around them, but there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, nor any before nor any after, that is as lovely as a great airplane, and men who love them are faithful to them even though they leave them for others.
    - Ernest Hemingway

>> which is why a marriage license/certificate is valid in all fifty states...

Oh yeah? Don't tell my gay nephew that, unless you have time for a lecture! :-)

It was a pita. You get the letter, you can't renew as soon as it comes because it won't accept it. You wait too long (within a month from expiration) and you can't renew it online either. God help you if you never receive or otherwise lose the letter. There's no way to get the registration code needed for online without it or have it reissued. Not only is it a complete waste of time the implemenation is incredibly stupid.

Guess I don't really see a problem with having a data base of currently active aircraft. I happen to know there are at least four or five hangar queens on our little airport that will never probably see the light of day (or wind under their wings). Having said that, I agree the five dollar registration "fee" will likely be used as a cash cow and open for 'adjustment' because everyone knows only rich people own airplanes even though my neighbors boat most likely cost a lot more than my little putt putt.
    Last edited by Mike Berg; 08-12-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!