Thread: Stits Playmate (SA-11) info needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Stits Playmate (SA-11) info needed

I have purchased and am flying a very nice 1970 SA-11. I received the original builders plan set (89 sheets, old and ragged but mostly legible) but not any of the operating info. Specifically the weight and balance data. It would save me a big chunk of time if I knew the moment arms and allowable CG range. I suppose I could go through the whole process of measuring, loading, and flight testing again, but hopefully that won't be necessary.

So far I have been flying solo with partial fuel and no baggage, but want to make sure I am not nearing any edges. Thanks!

I have it in .pdf format and will send it to you. My address is ccottuli@live.com I haven't figured out how to add attachments to this forum yet. Yahoo groups is a lot easier. The file is 11 pages long. I keep just about everything and have just started to purge but my Stits Playmate is in my garage and I will hold onto anything associated with it. I have more poop if you need anything else. 10 of these pages are part of a 32 page manual and you can have the other 22 pages if you like.
    Chuck

Chuck,
    Just reply and 'go advanced' where you scroll down and see a 'manage attachments' where you can attach anything.
    Hope that helps ya.....

SA-11A for Sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckq1 View Post
    I have it in .pdf format and will send it to you. My address is ccottuli@live.com I haven't figured out how to add attachments to this forum yet. Yahoo groups is a lot easier. The file is 11 pages long. I keep just about everything and have just started to purge but my Stits Playmate is in my garage and I will hold onto anything associated with it. I have more poop if you need anything else. 10 of these pages are part of a 32 page manual and you can have the other 22 pages if you like.
    Chuck
    Do you know of any SA-11A aircraft for sale?

Thanks,

Bart

The most forward CG is 9 inches aft of the leading edge and most aft is 16.25 inches or 17 to 30% MAC.
    Chuck