Thread: World record- Front page of paper - I feel almost like Lucky Lindy

World record- Front page of paper - I feel almost like Lucky Lindy

My participation in the 75 anniversary of the J-3 Piper Cub is about to start. The Urbana Citizen was kind enough to put Cubs on the front page of the Saturday paper. I thought I told the paper that Cubs would fly to Hartford, Wis then Oshkosh not Hartford Conn. What the heck, I will take credit for starting the Cub movement in Oshkosh whatever that means.

I am going to have fun fun fun this summer with the Cub! For more information about Lost in Oscar Hotel go to http://www.lostinoscarhotel.com/ .

Name:  grimes_0003.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  103.2 KB

Rick,the photos of the Cubs look great.

What is with the photo of the older man leaning on and wrapped around the prop of the Cessna? Now he may have lot's of hours and be a long time pilot, and I may be overly cautious, but standing in a prop arc , especially with both hands and your head inside the arc is really unsafe procedure, not just for him, but anyone else who sees the photo and thinks that this is the way to do it.
    It would be like a hunter posing with the gun pointed at his head.

I agree with you on the photo of the man leaning on the prop.It’s not a cane. Although I don’t have any control over that web site, I will express your concern to those that do have control.

As you brought this to my attention, I went out to the www.cubs2oshkosh.com site to look at all of the photos submitted to the site. And sure enough, there was one picture of two young adults with their hands on the prop.

If Cubs owner are allowed to have a Cub or two on display at Oshkosh for kids to seat in and have their picture taken, one of the points that I always stress to kids and adults is to never, never touch the prop. Standing in the prop arc is also not a good idea.

Point well taken!
    Last edited by Rick Rademacher; 05-13-2012 at 05:43 AM.

I spent all day Sunday with Joe & Ron flying to nine airports in South West Ohio. A good friend who is a new sport pilot accompanied us and gained much needed experience for the trip to Oshkosh. It was a flight of 4 Cubs all day long. Many pictures were taken by interested viewers of the four. I can hardly wait to see the expressions on people’s faces when 15 or more Cubs stop at various airports on the way to AirVenture 2012.

Name:  4cubs.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  93.4 KB

A Cub, especially a j3 is the airplane equivalent of of a Golden Retriever with a big smile. Everyone who is near has the urge to pat it in the head.
    Sadly mine is in the shop, as a result of 80 mph winds, so it won't be ready in time. Anybody need a front seat filler? And I am formation rated if you are doing that as part of the EAA arrival.