Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unattended Chairs on the Flight Line This Year???

I'll usually just sort of "scoot" them aside, if I want to sit there.
    I was told once by someone "hey, our chairs were there" I kindly responded "oh, nobody was sitting in them" then went on to ignore them. They got a a little pi$$ed, but who cares? I figured they'd get over it or stay mad a long time.

Once, a guy in a new pickup took up two parking places so no one would park next to him...............I did anyway. I squeezed in between the curb & the driver's door, he had to enter through the passenger's side.
    I can really be a richard <gr> if I want, and you force me to.
    Last edited by malexander; 07-11-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    I was told once by someone "hey, our chairs were there" I kindly responded "oh, nobody was sitting in them" then went on to ignore them. They got a a little pi$$ed, but who cares? I figured they'd get over it or stay mad a long time.

Once, a guy in a new pickup took up two parking places so no one would park next to him...............I did anyway. I squeezed in between the curb & the driver's door, he had to enter through the passenger's side.
    Did you know the reason why he parked in such a manner...ie...did you see him park the truck? If not, you could only assume why he was parked in such a manner...your confrontational behavior is asking for a huge door ding or worse...same problem with moving someone else s property...

Are there provisions or areas for handicapped viewing of airshow? We have a mobility scooter and will have one other person more able to walk as an aide. Is it going to be difficult to find a place close to the flightline where one can actually see what is going on? NO, we dont plan on parking the scooter to reserve a spot, just want to know if we can see well without being 4-5 rows back!!
    Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Not that I can see on the map. But the airshow happens in the sky, and there's not a bad spot in the house in that regard.

http://www.airventure.org/images/av11_visitormap.jpg

Seriously, though, very little happens on the ground, so I wouldn't sweat it.

~Chris
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Quote Originally Posted by rickatic View Post
    Did you know the reason why he parked in such a manner...ie...did you see him park the truck? If not, you could only assume why he was parked in such a manner...your confrontational behavior is asking for a huge door ding or worse...same problem with moving someone else s property...

Didn't matter to me. If he doesn't know how to park it, GO PARK IN THE MALL PARKING LOT, so as to not screw up the parking in the front of the restauraunt for everyone else. If he's afraid someone will ding it, GO PARK IT IN THE MALL PARKING LOT, so no one will hit it.
    The main point is, if you don't know how to drive it, GO LEARN.
    I drive busses, trucks, pull trailers, & all kinds of vehicles, even parallel park any of them. If it won't fit in a designated parking spot, I PARK SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Chairs on the flight line, If a person want to sit somewhere in particular, SIT THERE. But don't screw up the "parking places" for others.

Geez, you probably voted for Obama, didn't you?

Banned

Yes you can be....but let's make it very clear so that there is no misunderstanding. No one is forcing you to be a confrontational, retributional, angry dick, you are doing that quite well all by yourself!!!

Banned
    Didn't matter to me. If he doesn't know how to park it, GO PARK IN THE MALL PARKING LOT, so as to not screw up the parking in the front of the restauraunt for everyone else. If he's afraid someone will ding it, GO PARK IT IN THE MALL PARKING LOT, so no one will hit it.
    The main point is, if you don't know how to drive it, GO LEARN.
    I drive busses, trucks, pull trailers, & all kinds of vehicles, even parallel park any of them. If it won't fit in a designated parking spot, I PARK SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Chairs on the flight line, If a person want to sit somewhere in particular, SIT THERE. But don't screw up the "parking places" for others.

The high level of your moronic posts leaves no doubt who you're voting for. Who says 'Politics makes for strange bedfellows?' Not in your case!

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    ...confrontational, retributional, angry dick...
    Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    ...your moronic posts...
    Really, guys? Is this kind of exchange necessary on EAA's forum?

Try this: when someone posts something you don't like, ignore it. Not every post demands, or even warrants, a reply.

Better yet, click on the offending user's name, click "View Profile," then click "Add to ignore list." You won't be bothered by that user's posts again.

Whichever you choose, please stop the bickering and name-calling. It's unpleasant for the rest of us who come here to enjoy a friendly discussion about aviation.

[/SOAPBOX]
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Eric is absolutely right!

No (irrelevant) politics and ​no personal attacks!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation