This is a copy of a email I sent to a yacht designer.

I have an update for you and another request for your opinion.
I did rework the rear floats. they came out well. Before I took the plane for testing I did a weigh in. the plane had become extremely over weight. to continue to fly would be a violation.
I decided to go forward with a new hull to attempt a severe reduction of weight. I need to get down from the original main hull weight of 45lb or 20.5 kg to 20 lb or 9.5 kg
That is only to show you how much my options are now minimized.
I n review of the last takeoffs I notice the plane uses only the same area for planing as it does at static that equates to 12.5 sq Ft or 1.161 Sq M
Only the angle of attack changes and the resulting lift generated at 22 MPH or 19.1 knots this is the speed at which the plane reaches lift to gross weight.With me as the pilot that the gross ,equates to 474LB or 215 kg at the max allowed US FAR. 103 -7 under which I must fly max empty weight is 304lbs. or 138.1kg. this does not have to include pilot weight. At 24 knots the plane reaches a gross lift of 560 lbs or 254 kg
24 knots is also a requirement this is the required power off stall not to exceed limit.

The area required to float is 7.5 cubic ft or .20105 cu m the area in square presented for planning is12.5 sq ft since the total displacement is shared with the rear system only the forward area is used to get lift to plane.
Is there an optimum area for a given weight that you know of . Or a table for calculating?
I'm forced to use the smallest area and use a shape that offers structure. I am considering a simple wedge with tunnel tri hull like some of the first tunnel three hull pickle forks.

I am a bit stuck for ideas on this. The imposed limits choice. A simple hydro plane has not enough structural shape. I think I need the tri hull for structure?
Any input will be appreciated. the project is stalled
regards Norm