Thread: Norm's Flying Boat UL Flight Test Progress

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jerry Yes I did.

My original was to have wheels and floatation was to be added the old thread had pictures of that on the start of the thread. Things do evolve . My main desire was to have a seaplane . I was far down the scale of knowledge thinking there was not much difference to fly one or the other. Still the lake is such a large taxi way it makes learning to control and having an accident via collision with something less likely .
    I have enjoyed my excursions on the lake in-spite of the issues. This last taxi runs were very pleasing good ruder stability was right on with the roll control. It was just being a water plow that sucked. 23 mph 6200 rpm at 2.7: 1 ratio on a 68 inch IVO 2 blade prop at 26 pitch aprox. All I could get was 23 mph. very unlike my test back in May .I could have easily taken off then. I will get this drag issue resolved. and the ground handling. If I had a D9 I could cut a runway outside my door LOL Id make a a skid rail and land on the grass on return LOL. 600 ft runway do it.just joking
    Last edited by Norman Langlois; 02-24-2018 at 06:11 PM.