Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by hydroguy2 View Post
    That's true...we paid for the whole week as did our friends, but in reality we were there 10 days. So count each of us as 10 people or 40 total.
    Nicely played.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
    I really grow tired of the Disney comparison. There simply is nothing to compare.
    I agree - this is WAYYY better than Disney at a fraction of the cost. I've been to OSH four times now, and my total cost for a 9 days of more opportunities than I can consume is extremely reasonable, especially compared to any other activity of it's type. I get airplanes, nightly entertainment (multiple options), Airshow, museum, personalities, camping, and so much more at a price much lower than about any other type of vacation I can come up with. And the best part is that by doing so, I'm supporting the organization that supports me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hydroguy2 View Post
    That's true...we paid for the whole week as did our friends, but in reality we were there 10 days. So count each of us as 10 people or 40 total.
    I admire that you have partied ten times more than the average camper. Don't let EAA's SLT know that - they will stop endorsing fun as fast as they stopped endorsing air races.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RV8505 View Post
    I know how you can get in for free if your on a budget! If you volunter with Protect Our Planes ! Hal probably knows how to get a hold of those folks and the details but what you do is patrol around and keep people from jumping on or damaging other members airlanes. You do that for half the day and then you get the other half free to do as you please.
    Anyone interested in learning more about this group should contact our Security Manager, John Faeh: jfaeh@eaa.org

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmutz2 View Post
    Don't let EAA's SLT know that - they will stop endorsing fun as fast as they stopped endorsing air races.
    Matt you know we banned fun the day you stopped working here.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Snort! Winner winner chicken dinner!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Given how much you and Chad et al are joking all around the internet and here about what your constituency consider serious issues, seems like the fun goes on! I assume by not commenting on my question about the attendance numbers, you have taken the issue upstairs and SLT is discussing it?

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattmutz2 View Post
    Given how much you and Chad et al are joking all around the internet and here about what your constituency consider serious issues, seems like the fun goes on! I assume by not commenting on my question about the attendance numbers, you have taken the issue upstairs and SLT is discussing it?
    The only thing I'm joking about was the idea of us no longer endorsing fun. As for your comment about attendance numbers, yes, I've passed it along.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

All that money, and they still won't allow you to pack.

As Zack said, we have a winner! LOL

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Downey View Post
    All that money, and they still won't allow you to pack.

Just in case you're joking as a result of that ridiculous thread a couple of months back:

(Yes, I know they are Germans. I didn't make the picture, I just thought it was appropriate to get a chuckle out of this discussion)