Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough

Angry Enough is enough

Just went to book my tickets. Last year my wife's ticket was $75, this year it is $110!!!

How can you justify a 50% price rise? Do you want to chase the spouses away? Bad idea!!

Oshkosh used to be affordable. Ive been coming since the early 1980's and finally I have been priced out.

Sorry to hear that. Such is the economy we live in though thanks largely to the gouging the oil industry has been giving us.

However, I will ask if a $35 increase breaks the bank, how can you afford to fly?
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

I can't affored to fly, that's why I belong to EAA

It appears that they have eliminated the discount on the spouse's admission, which has been in place for a long time. Anyone at HQ care to comment on this?
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Such is the economy we live in though thanks largely to the gouging the oil industry has been giving us.
    [insert 'rolls eyes' emoticon here.....]

However, I will ask if a $35 increase breaks the bank, how can you afford to fly?
    To you it's $35, to him is a 50% increase. I think his comments are justified and deserve an explanation.

I guess you never been to Disneyland. $90.53 per day. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets-passes/ Personaly I think it has become more expensive because of the spouses. Air conditioning, Splashdown toilets, Bands, Trams, kidventure. I guess it is a necessary evil if you want to spend a week around planes. I think $110.00 for a week of entertainment is a pretty good value.

Prairie Cottage Airport, 8KS8, Chapman KS
    I really grow tired of the Disney comparison. There simply is nothing to compare. Disney is a for profit business that has invested hundreds of millions to create an experience that enough people in a country of 300 million are willing to go to once every generation. Airventure is a fundraising event supported by it's members and vendors every year. Everyone pays and it is getting over the top for many of our brethren. Airventure is a business that will stretch the prices until returns diminish. That is not an improper business model but it should be questioned and reviewed when a membership supported organization whose core mission is to expand involvement in private aviation prices itself beyond the reach of some of its members. I appreciate Old Timers post and we all need to consider his concerns.
    Jim Clark, Chairman National Biplane Fly In, www.nationalbiplaneflyin.com. Currently flying: 1929 Waco CSO, 1939 Waco EGC-8, 1946 Piper J-3, 1955 Piper PA22/20, 1956 Beech G35, 1984 Beech A36 & 2001 Vans RV9.
    You love a lot of things if you live around them, but there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, nor any before nor any after, that is as lovely as a great airplane, and men who love them are faithful to them even though they leave them for others.
    - Ernest Hemingway

This must be the same ostrich approach that gave us the out of control debt in Washington. Must be nice to be able to just ignore these things......
    Last edited by flyingriki; 05-15-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    I can't afford to fly, that's why I belong to EAA
    concur. wholeheartedly.

... thanks largely to the gouging the oil industry has been giving us.
    Like this Marty... and I concur.