Thread: Nose Art Photos Wanted

Big Grin Nose Art Photos Wanted

I'm an EAA member and I've just started a new online aviation and motoring magazine and one of the regular features is about "Nose Art & Numbers". Please send me any interesting nose art (or unique aircraft registration numbers) for inclusion in the next issue of Speedi Wings & Wheel. Included in the next issue will be a full length feature about EAA's Ford Tri-motor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE9PwcMe33A

Name:  64-14840_2 Long Distance Runaround.jpg
Views: 2199
Size:  89.4 KB
    Here's one for you! It's from a KC-135R Stratotanker that I flew extensively (including on one very memorable RED FLAG exercise!) while I was stationed at Fairchild AFB, Washington in the early '90s. The aircraft's tail number was 64-14840. The nose art didn't survive the politically correct Clinton years, and has long since been removed. The aircraft was reputed to be the last R-model tanker delivered to the USAF, and now may be assigned to the Ohio Air National Guard. It was a great airplane to fly, and this nose art was my absolute favorite!

Name:  N250JG-1.jpg
Views: 1590
Size:  88.0 KBName:  N250JG-2.jpg
Views: 1611
Size:  87.8 KBName:  N250JG-3.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  83.0 KB
    Here's the artwork for "Object of Desire", our RV-8A finished in 2005. The name has dual meaning... both the plane and my wife Diana, the redhead on the nose. The airbrush work was done by Amy Young in Austin, Texas, and the rest of the exterior by Texas Aerocolors in Brady, Texas.

Jeff Gross
    Austin, TX

Mark

Can you send the photo and text by pm to me at speedieditor@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Steve

How about some authentic WWII nose art? This P-47 cowling is on display at the EAA AirVenture Museum, on loan from the Grissom Air Museum. It is from a P-47D-25-RE, serial # 42-26637, coded VM-P, as flown by Maj. General William Kepner when he was commander of 8th Air Force Fighter Command circa 1944. It's the real deal.

Name:  Kepner Cowling.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  93.9 KB

And here is a picture of the entire plane.
    Name:  Kepner.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  88.9 KB