Thread: Colors

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar

Colors

For those that don't like the new EAA yellow, I've enabled a quick alternative based on the vBulletin defaults, replacing most of the yellows and browns with blues and a few greys to spice it up. I've only had a quick look at it, so if you see something strange on some page or other, please let me know.

To select that alternate scheme, just look at the left side of the footer, and you'll see a new pull-down menu with choices of "EAA Yellow" and "Basic Blue." I think it will remember your preference from visit to visit - if not, it only takes a second to make the choice.

Name:  style choice.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  27.1 KB

Enjoy!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Thanks Hal! Exactly what I was looking for! I can confirm it does remember the theme!
    Last edited by Kamic; 08-03-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Michael Goetzman - Milwaukee WI
    https://picasaweb.google.com/goetzman

Hal, who ever heard of anyone in management anywhere actually listening to customers or members and trying to do something about it? You'll never make "Bureaucrat of the Year" like that.
    By the way, I was partly joking about the colors being so bad. I am sort of getting used to the yellow, and as a J3 owner I don't mind if it is a little more dull. Brown is not my favorite; ,the factory colors on my plane are yellow and black.

And since we are given a choice (still can't believe it) of customizing the colors, can we do something about that photo at the top? Can we replace the guy with the beard, maybe use one of Gwyneth Paltrow or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Hal, who ever heard of anyone in management anywhere actually listening to customers or members and trying to do something about it? You'll never make "Bureaucrat of the Year" like that.?
    NOW you tell me! Hopefully I can still make up points in the swimsuit portion of the competition ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    And since we are given a choice (still can't believe it) of customizing the colors, can we do something about that photo at the top? Can we replace the guy with the beard, maybe use one of Gwyneth Paltrow or similar?
    On the advice of counsel, I need to inform you that I am legally barred from posting any pictures of Ms. Paltrow anywhere on the web, in addition to always maintaining a distance of at least 1,500 yards.

So I'm afraid you're stuck looking at me ... wrapped, of course, in your choice of colors...!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Oh, I don't think the colors are so bad. Kind of remind of the colors on the Boeing -80. Or my favorite locomotives.

Hal, ok I shouldn't ask for Gwyneth; don't even know if she likes airplanes.
    I should be satisfied that we have a photo here of some movie star. The photo is pretty small, is that Grizzly Adams? Maybe the great Robert E. Lee in his younger days before he became a general.

I'm thinking of putting together another color scheme - maybe olive drab and brown ... I shall call it "Green Wood!"

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    I'm thinking of putting together another color scheme - maybe olive drab and brown ... I shall call it "Green Wood!"
    LOL! Nice Hal!
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575