Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't post on EAA Forums from iPad

Can't post on EAA Forums from iPad

I just noticed that the "post" and "preview" buttons don't work with trying to post and entry on the EAA forum. I tried to do a test post on VansAirForce.com, which uses the same vBulletin software and was able to post an entry from my iPad.

There is a fix for this issue on the vBulletin website. You'll need to create an account on the vBulletin forum to see the article and the fix:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12092

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying here, but I just posted (submitted) and previewed first, a post on my iPad and had no problem doing so. I didn't merely reply here to your post, but made a brand new post in this Support and Feedback section. I did nothing special, aka: no fix or anything as you mentioned. I've posted before both from my iPad and iPhone without any difficulty and the "post" (submit you mean?) and "preview" buttons work fine.

Perhaps I'm not understanding.

it works for me in Safari, but not the other browser I use

Oh. Good point, Paul. I never even considered any other browser besides Safari in my reply. Perhaps Smitty was using a browser other than Sarari?

I'd be curious to know too...I don't have an iPad, but the majority of my posts here are from my iPhone, in which I use Safari. The emoticons don't work, however.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

I'm loving' this new EAA forum already. This post is my test using the quick reply from my iPad.

OK. The quick reply to an existing post works on the iPad, but posting a new post to the main forum "Support and Feedback" doesn't. It doesn't seem to recognize the pressing of the submit button on my iPad.I read on the vBulletin forums that the iPad has problems with some of the submit buttons, but not all. The patch I mentioned earlier could be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SmittysRV View Post
    I'm loving' this new EAA forum already. This post is my test using the quick reply from my iPad.
    It is awesome now!
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittysRV View Post
    OK. The quick reply to an existing post works on the iPad, but posting a new post to the main forum "Support and Feedback" doesn't. It doesn't seem to recognize the pressing of the submit button on my iPad.I read on the vBulletin forums that the iPad has problems with some of the submit buttons, but not all. The patch I mentioned earlier could be the answer.
    Hey Smitty -

We're looking into this. Can you tell me which version iPad you're using?

Thanks!

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hi Hal!I have the original iPad. Version 4.3.4, Model MB293LL.I tried posting on Vansairforce.com and it works OK. You may want to give Doug Reeves a call.