Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2012 Streaming Media - Beta Testing Help Needed

Lol. That's an impressive weed wacker

Device: PC (quad-core i7)
    Operating system/version number of Device tested: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Browser and version number: Firefox version ? and IE version 9
    Internet connection used: 20Mbps Fiberoptic
    Time tested: 17:05 local, 22:05 zulu
    Time zone tested from: CDT
    Issues encountered: occasional "buffering" for a split second under IE9, none under Firefox. Firefox seems to render a slightly cleaner picture than IE.

Additional Notes: I'm even behind a chain of http proxy servers and an iPrism web filter appliance and it still works! Many times, streaming videos often cannot make it thru this proxy chain since the video plugins of the browser either ignore, or deliberately try to circumvent the browser's proxy settings, and I have no direct or NAT'ed route to the public Internet for this PC so all web traffic either obeys the proxy, or it don't go... period.
    Last edited by CheckerBird; 05-10-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    Neal Howard
    EAA # 741029
    2003 Vans RV-6

Device: PC, Mac, Android phone, iOS device, other: Dell Laptop PC
    Operating system/version number of Device tested: Windows XP
    Browser and version number: Firefox 8.0.1
    Internet connection used:
    Cable, DSL, cellular, something fancy your office has DSL
    Time tested: 20:30 EST
    Time zone tested from: EST
    Issues encountered: Absolutely none; worked like a charm, first time. Great pic of the paint can!

Awesome. I'm glad there are so few if any issues. We were shooting for a much more universal distribution method free of all the version and plugin issues.

Great Stream!

I used the webcams extensively last year, even while I was at OSH, and they were great. So I'm impressed you're working to make them even better! Love the idea of being able to stream from the webcams on my android phone.

Device: PC, Mac, Android phone, iOS device, other: Dell PC
    Operating system/version number of Device tested: Win7
    Browser and version number: Chrome 18.0
    Internet connection used: Cable, DSL, cellular, something fancy your office has: AT&T Uverse 24Mb
    Time tested: 5pm
    Issues encountered:
    None. Buffered for maybe 2 seconds, then ran smooth for the 30 minutes I had it up.Device: PC, Mac, Android phone, iOS device, other: Android Samsung S2 Skyrocket
    Operating system/version number of Device tested: Android 2.3
    Browser and version number: Android Web v 2.3.6
    Internet connection used: Cable, DSL, cellular, something fancy your office has: Home Wifi WL-N connected to AT&T Uverse 24Mb
    Time tested: 5pm
    Issues encountered:
    Ran fine with the phone on my wifi, no buffering at all, smooth video. Then I turned off the wifi and tried it over the 3G cell connection, worked intermittently, frequent buffering.

There was some discussion last year of integrating video and audio. Don't remember any details. How will that work this year?

the current plan is to have the EAA Radio announcement audio over the Airshow video as it was last year, the other cameras will not have audio encoded directly with them. The ATC feeds are being provided by LiveATC.net and will be available as they were last year. I have to verify with Hal, but I believe the cams are being embedded into the webpage and it might be possible to have a liveatc.net player built in the page as well.

And a huge thanks to all those who helped beta test the stream. As of yesterday our one month trial of the server software ran out, so I think we are going to call it a successful test and work towards rolling out this system for the show.

could not connect via mac or ipad.
    marc

yeah, We took the test stream down a few days ago. I should have noted that in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayden View Post
    the current plan is to have the EAA Radio announcement audio over the Airshow video as it was last year, ...
    Thanks, Paul, for getting your excellent video out and tested so early before AirVenture. Lots of people will enjoy watching it.

Is there a plan for testing the audio over the Airshow video before the event? Reason I ask is, I'm unable to get EAA Radio to work directly, and I'd like to make sure some of my friends and associates will be able to watch _and hear_ the airshow when it's broadcast. Thanks.

Mike E