Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2012 Streaming Media - Beta Testing Help Needed

The EAA grounds look beautiful during this very favorite part of the day for me, an hour or so before sunset. I've always enjoyed this part of the day the most, as it seems that somehow the lighting is just so much better, but especially so while watching something as memorably enjoyable as Oshkosh.

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    I'm seeing a regular jerkiness in the pan, regular slight hesitations about every 750 ms or so. Wonder if that's in the mechanism or if it''s interruptions in the video feed somewhere along the line, perhaps at my end.
    Followup FYI: The issue apparently is indeed digital and at my end. I am not seeing the same effect at home on DSL.

Mike E

Hi Paul, great work, look forward to the event:

Device: IPhone
    Operating system/version number of Device tested: iOS 5
    Browser and version number: IPCam Viewer Pro v1.7
    Internet connection used: 3G
    Time tested: 12:48
    Time zone tested from: GMT+2
    Issues encountered: Bit slow but i suspect it to be the 3G connection, will test on Wifi Later

warbird beta test webcam

works great on my HP touchpad.....you got me all geeked up! Thanks Paul, great job, it was so disappointing last year without the cams! I've been going to oshkosh since 88 and the webcams are the perfect precursor and wind down mechanism to the event! Leave yours up the whole time!

Thanks, but this is the 4th year we have had streaming video, and this is the 3rd straight year for the ptz cameras on the way finding towers. We just switched encoding and distribution methods to accommodate a greater number of devices. The link it just up for trials, once EAA corporate figures out where on the official pages it will live, that link will go away and the additional cameras and air show camera will be available.

Works fine on the Macbook pro this morning. No changes in configuration since my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    Works fine on the Macbook pro this morning. No changes in configuration since my previous post.
    Good to hear. Glad you got it working.

Yesterday we tried to get up to the cameras to see if it was moisture that got into the Warbird Camera housing, but the tallest lift that EAA has is still about 15 feet from reaching the cameras. So at this point we are just going to have to wait and see if it continues to dry out on it's own over the next week. We have seen it improve over the last week already. Just a slow process as the housings the cameras are mounted in are supose to be weather proof.

We also got the power supply installed for the ultralight camera and is functional. We are still waiting for EAA Corporate to publish the page where all the links are going to live. Once this happens all three cameras are ready to go online.

Todd

As the late President Eisenhower once quoted (and YES. I've just totally aged myself), "You know, farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field.", but it looks to me as if what we are seeing, for the most part, isn't the moisture any more, but rather the remaining residue or should I say mineral deposits that are left over after the moisture dried in the sun. Much like the way water marks are left over on your car if you allow it to dry in the sun after washing it instead of wiping it down to dry.

Having said that, and of course I'm just kind of guessing here, but I'm wondering if it is ever going to really totally clear up and go away on its own. It does allow however for the opportunity of adding the additional step to next year's AirVenture setup, "check the camera lens housing atop the way finding towers for dirt or moisture BEFORE raising the tower up", a step of course that was thought to be unnecessary due to the housings supposedly being watertight.
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 07-15-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    Having said that, and of course I'm just kind of guessing here, but I'm wondering if it is ever going to really totally clear up and go away on its own. It does allow however for the opportunity of adding the additional step to next year's AirVenture setup, "check the camera lens housing atop the way finding towers for dirt or moisture BEFORE raising the tower up", a step of course that was thought to be unnecessary due to the housings supposedly being watertight.
    One of the problems is we don't know exactly the day the towers are going to be raised. We are told a window that the towers are going be raised and we make special trips to Oshkosh to make sure the equipment that is required to be installed before the towers are raised is there. All three cameras were looked at two days before the towers were raised and there was no sign of fogging at that time. Some of the current haze may go away yet and some of it might not. But we still feel some of it is fogging as we see it in different areas. Yesterday the camera looked very good all day.

Like most things that happen in preparing for AirVenture, everything is done on a VOLUNTEER basis. Paul and I have spent a lot of time and well over 2000 miles preparing the new distribution system and getting equipment installed this year as neither of us live around Oshkosh. And since we also have jobs, we just can not sit there waiting for the company with the crane to arrive to lift the towers.

Todd