Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: AirVenture 2012 Streaming Media - Beta Testing Help Needed

Is there some color distortion in the camera, or is is really as dry and brown as it looks there? I'll miss the green grass that Oshkosh usually has.

no, no color distortion. Its just plain drier than hell.

Paul is absolutely right.

If anything, I have the color saturation on the camera set on the high side making it look better than it really is. Unless the last day of rain up there helps perk up the grass in the next day or two, it is going to be very dry grass. Don't hold your breath on that one. When we mounted the cameras during the beginning of the month, the grass was like straw and did a good job at cutting up the legs.

If you really want to find green grass, I suggest stopping by the Scott's sponsored area in Warbirds, they have been watering that on a normal basis and is nice and green.

Todd

Mystery of the feasting seagulls this morning, solved. All that watering must be bringing up the worms and other critters. Although I would have thought they'd all died of dehydration by now. The bugs, I mean. :-)

Those webcams are excellent.
    I always thought the airport would be almost full by now, 5 days from opening, but it appears to be nearly vacant today.
    When do the airplanes come in?

Starting tomorrow things will really start picking up, with Saturday and Sunday being really busy. If I remember correctly today is the first day of the Oshkosh Arrivial procedures being active. By Sunday it will look way different.

Official EAA Webpage is up for the cameras. www.airventure.org/webcams