Thread: iPad app for BFR preparation

Goggles iPad app for BFR preparation

Since it has been a LONG WHILE since I have wandered around the skies, anyone have a suggestion for an iPad app that will help me study and refresh for the ground portion of a BFR?

Refreshing up my flying skills is less of a concern than bringing my PILOTING skills back to where they need to be...

Ryan Winslow
    EAA 525529
    Stinson 108-1 "Big Red", RV-7 under construction

There's a free online course, ALC-25 Flight Review Prep Guide, that counts as a Wings credit on faasafety.gov

You can find several free resources related to the flight review at the AOPA Air Safety Institute Safety Hot Spot: Pilot Proficiency. I especially recommend the Pilot's Guide to the Flight Review Safety Advisor (PDF).
    I also recommend that all my flight review customers review Conducting an Effective Flight Review (PDF). That document is intended primarily for flight instructors, but it also helps you understand what constitutes a good flight review.

ASA publishes an excellent booklet (available in print and as an ebook), Guide to the Flight Review.

Flight review prep

Remember, a flight review is instruction; it is not a test or checkride. Preparing ahead of time is a good idea, but you have the option to schedule for a couple hours of flight and ground training (or whatever it takes) and at the end of the training the CFI can enter the flight review endorsement. This allows customized training and the flight review to be combined.