Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What was good and bad about OSH2011...

Well, just thought I would drop in my 2 centsThis was our first Osh, we pulled our 30' rv from western NY (780 mi each way)We stayed in the ultralight campin area on "the farm", and we were wowed!I flew my lowly foot launched powered paraglider around the UL pattern and was honored for the privilege to do so. The scale of the entire event and the fact that it functions at all, is pure magic, I guess I haven't been to enough of these to see a need for improvement. I cannot say enough about the volunteers, UNBELIEVEALE....Keep it upI'll be back!Andywww.skyratsppg.com

Banned
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Minutes are most definitely kept - we've already generated pages and pages of notes from each department, and this larger meeting will be the first step, starting to encapsulate those and build up action plans over the coming months. I don't know that we've ever specifically published anything out of these, and that's a call that would come from above my pay grade, frankly.

But I can tell you that when we all get in the room and start talking about what went well and what needs improvement, there won't be any surprises. Except maybe the fact that we're our own harshest critics...
    Hal was just wondering what changes have been made since last year to Camp Schollar especially with the mud and what is ongoing coming up to the show. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MNWORD View Post
    Hal was just wondering what changes have been made since last year to Camp Schollar especially with the mud and what is ongoing coming up to the show. Thanks
    Is the person who was updating the AirVenture site improvement blog still employed by EAA? The improvements for the mud & dust were mentioned on it last fall: http://airventuresiteupdate.blogspot.com/

Thanks RAWHEELS appreciate the update, Looks like form the post and the maps, that it will have a BIG improvment over the last few mudfests/sloshkosh years. Once again thank you.
    mnword

Quote Originally Posted by rawheels View Post
    Is the person who was updating the AirVenture site improvement blog still employed by EAA?
    Good question. That blog was great in 2010, when they made some major changes to the grounds. He kept everybody informed as they went along, and kept my interest up during the year preceding the event. The blog has been pretty much neglected since then. Maybe it was just too much trouble, but in my view it was worthwhile.

Charles, there is a rule that no one under 18 can drive one of the gators or golf carts. Volunteers violate this all the time. You are right it is very, very dangerous. Complain to the Headquarters Office, get the name of the person you talk to and then write a letter. This is serious business. Not that the over 18s aren't dangerous as well. They are.

I emailed the EAA staff about it before I posted in this thread last year.

I also wanted to make sure it was public knowledge.

I haven't forgotten this event (EAA staff speeding down Shaick in Gators) and will see how Airventure 2012 goes. My tolerance level for that kind of behavior will be even less this year.

You know, I think the only way to enforce things like this would be to confiscate the show wristband of the driver, or if the driver doesn't have one, the registered camper/attendee of the vehicle.

Because there are no consequences (at least there is that perception) some people will never do the right thing.
    Last edited by cptomes; 05-12-2012 at 08:39 AM.