Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super New Technology

You'd be shocked - I get it!

What they need to do is put a wind generator on an electric airplane to recharge the batteries in flight.*

One really doesn't need a balloon to get the same generation, btw. A copious amount of wire as an antenna will pull elecromagnetic waves from the air and generate a current - but a very tiny one.

* Not applicable in all states. See you local jurisdiction for applicability of the laws concerning energy conservation. Designers do not recommend operating at temperatures above one degree Kelvin.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    You'd be shocked - I get it!

What they need to do is put a wind generator on an electric airplane to recharge the batteries in flight.
    Sorry Frank..the idea is already patented!
    Name:  paddles aloft.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  95.4 KB
    From the patent: “At a given time the aviator may stop the gasoline motor and in the same instance both disengage the clutch and close the switch…the electric motor thus acts in substitution for the gasoline motor. Forward motion of the aircraft at characteristic high speed will keep the wind wheels turning….Electrical propulsion of the propeller may therefore be continued over an extended period…”

Though I guess it's probably expired by now....

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Who is John Galt?
    That's either very funny or very ironic!
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"